- allegiance to duty or a person :loyalty
- (1) :fidelity to one's promises (2) :sincerity of intentions
- (1) :belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) :belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
- (1) :firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) :complete trust
- something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially :a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
- an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly :a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence
- an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion :prepossession
- an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression
- a rite or cult of fetish worshipers
Faith and Fetish. Both words are defined above as they appear in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. They are very similar and quite different in meaning, are culturally loaded words, and have large communities centered around certain specific definitions thereof. They are powerful words and words that have been stripped of meaning.
So why pick them as a name?
Partially because they have significance to me personally. Partially because they are what I tend to write and think about, in all their meanings. Also because, let's be honest, it's a memorable name.
So what is the point of it all?
I want this to be a place where I can express myself with few filters on many different topics, most of which deal with Faith and Fetish I their varied meanings. This blog is meant to be an anonymous safe place, thus the obvious pseudonym. I can promise neither quantity nor quality of writing, but instead offer this blog up as a glimpse into another mind as well as a place of discussion.